Below are the deepening questions about the lessons that should help you make sense of the lessons more:
Lesson I. World of Christ:
- What is the importance of understanding the context of a person?
- What are the major points of the Political, Economic and Social Situations during Jesus’ time?
- How does this context influence Jesus’ teachings?
Lesson II. Christ’s Message
- What was Christ’s message?
- How did Jesus proclaim this message?
- How did these methods of teaching relate with each other?
- What are the implications of knowing Christ’s message?
Lesson III. Call Narratives
- Why did Jesus have to call his disciples?
- How did they respond?
- Why did they respond in that manner?
- What made Jesus’ recruitment style different?
Part IV. Parables
a.) How did Jesus preach about the Kingdom of God?
The Parable of the Mustard Seed (Mt 13:31-32) & The Parable of the Yeast (Mt 13:33 – 34)
- Is there value in doing good knowing that there is so much evil in the world?
The Parable of the Treasure (Mt. 13: 44) & The Parable of the Great Price (Mt 13: 45 – 46)
- What are you willing to give up for the Kingdom of God?
- What is that one thing that you’re willing to offer everything to have?
- How does that one thing contribute to the building of God’s Kingdom?
The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax collector (Lk 18: 9 – 14)
- Why do you help? Why do you want to proclaim the Kingdom of God?
- In your current activities and contributions, can you say for certain that you are truly helping?
b.) What could be the message behind the said parables?
c.) How do these parables describe/explain further the message of the Kingdom of God?
d.) What are the values of the Kingdom of God?
e.) How do the values relate with the message of the Parables?
Part V. Miracles
- Do miracles still happen today?
- How do you define a miracle?
- What is the requirement to receive/witness/experience a miracle?
- What are the types of Miracles that Jesus performed?
- What else did Jesus heal when he performed his healing miracles?
- How do we distinguish a modern miracle?
These are mouthful but if you take to work on them, you will have an easier time understanding the lesson.